Do you want a personalized one on one teaching experience with another blind person who can focus on accessibility specifically in addition to teaching you all the skills you want to learn? Great, because I customize every teaching session to meet your goals while making sure that you get the most out of it. Before getting into the list of skills I can teach you, make sure to check out my YouTube channel where I upload tutorials on everything audio-related regularly. Maybe those videos will answer your questions already, and if they don't, you at least get a greater image of how I work. You can find my YouTube channel here
What can you learn from me?
- related to software development:
- programming paradigms: object-oriented programming (OOP), functional programming, and more.
- version control systems like Git and SVN: what they are, and how to use the major platforms like GitHub, GitLab etc.
- containerization: Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- creating accessibility overlays for otherwise inaccessible software with the help of AutoHotkey (NOTE: this will inevitably require sighted assistance)
- audio-production on Windows
- how to use REAPER for tasks like audio book production, music production, composing, mixing, mastering, sound designing
- how to get the best out of your MIDI-compliant device (keyboard, guitar, e-drumkit etc)
- which audio gear is the best and most accessible for your budget
- how to survive in the Native Instruments eco-system (Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt etc)
- field recording: what and how, especially if you're blind
- live presentations and creating video content:
- screen capture on Windows
- how to navigate OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) quickly and efficiently
- how to record your voice and your system audio in a professional way using OBS
- how to record only specific apps on your system
- how to use plug-ins and effects to sweeten your voice in a live presentation scenario
- how to build a professional live-streaming setup for Twitch, YouTube etc.
- how to record and edit videos using OBS and REAPER
First session is free!
No matter your decision, our first meet-up will always be free. This ensures that we both are happy with your decision and we get to flow with each other, understanding your obstacles, and how to surpass them to reach your goals. There is no obligation whatsoever to commit into further sessions should the initial session not suit your expectations.
My payment rates are reasonable, not to say cheap. I usually go about $50 per hour tought, but it can go a bit lower or higher than that depending on what exactly you want to learn. As an example, in the case that you want to learn something from me that i'm really familiar with, like navigating your way around REAPER, i'd usually give you a smaller payment rate, but teaching you how to produce a specific style of music which i'll first have to learn about myself will be a bit more expensive, because of the preparation time that I have to invest ahead of time. The best way would always be to get in touch and discuss your specific use-case directly so that we both get an idea of what to expect.
How many lessons can you take?
That really depends on what you need, but you don't have to commit on anything. You pay after every lesson and can stop whenever you want, as well as delay appointments should you need to. It usually works on a call-and-response basis: you ask for a lesson, we'll schedule a time and place, we'll meet and discuss the topic at hand, maybe schedule the next lesson already, or we don't and you'll get back to me as soon as you want another round. Its totally fine to only have one session together if either you get the grasp of the topic immediately or you find that you're not happy with the situation after all.
All that sounds great, but you still don't know if thats right for you
I'm always happy to hear from you, no matter if its teaching related or just smalltalk, if you're interested, no matter if you're still unsure or not, pick a channel of communication from my contact page and let me know about how you feel.